Low Noise, Low Voltage electronically speed controlled DC Motor ,
Speeds 33-1/3, 45 rpm ,
New TP 90 tonearm ,
Tonearm adjustable for VTA, azimuth and overhang
Turntable with a 1 year agent warranty, made in Germany !!!!
FREE DELIVERY IN SINGAPORE !!!!
AWARDS & REVIEWS
HI-FI BEST BUYS Review
THORENS TD 209 Turntable at HI-FI BEST BUYS
HiFi World Review
THORENS TD 209 Turntable at HiFi World
THORENS TD 209 Turntable
A MUSICAL FAMILY
The TD 206 and TD 209 turntables are the younger siblings of the revolutionary, multiple-award-winning TD 309. However, they don’t have to live in the shadow of their older brother. Both models are built using only high-quality materials and parts. And both share a number of technical features with the TD 309, ensuring that their replay quality is up there with the best.
The new TP 90 tonearm is based on the tried-and-tested TP 92 and uses the same ultra-low-friction, high-performance bearing and the innovative zero-stiction anti-bias system. The arm tube is made from rolled aluminium that is damped using RMR technology (reduced-modal-resonance), and the stainless-steel counterweight at the end of the arm tube is double-decoupled. Tonearm height, azimuth and overhang are useradjustable.
The TD 209 is the spitting image of the TD 309, and the unusual styling makes it a true eye-catcher. In contrast, the TD 206 with its rectangular plinth and acrylic cover follows classic turntable designs.
TP 90 tonearm
The new TP 90 tonearm is based on the tried-and-tested TP 92 and uses the same ultra-low-friction, high-performance bearing and the innovative zero-stiction anti-bias system. The arm tube is made from rolled aluminium that is damped using RMR technology (reduced-modal-resonance), and the stainless-steel counterweight at the end of the arm tube is double-decoupled. Tonearm height, azimuth and overhang are useradjustable
Plinth and feet
Both the TD 206 and TD 209 plinths are precision-cut from a single piece of MDF, a material that offers excellent acoustic properties and can be machined to very tight tolerances. The feet can be conveniently adjusted from above to ensure level and secure positioning.
Record platter and drive unit
The TD 206 and the TD 209 use a two-part aluminium/ acrylic platter. The high-performance drive – which is borrowed from the TD 309 – allows you to adjust the belt tension and fine-tune the platter speed. A servo-controlled DC motor drives the sub-platter and platter via a flat belt.
- Electronically controlled low-voltage low-voltage DC motor
- Adjustable belt tension for optimal tuning
- Two-piece turntable made of aluminum and acrylic glass
- New tonearm TP 90 with precision bearings from Japan
- VTA, Azimuth and Overhang customizable
- Made in Germany
- Operation : manual
- Drive System : belt-drive (flat belt around sub-platter)
- Motor : servo-controlled DC motor
- Speeds : 33-1/3, 45 rpm
- Speed Change : Electronic
- Platter : 12” / 0.9 kg (aluminium/acrylic)
- Tonearm : THORENS® TP 90
- Pick-up Cartridge : THORENS® TAS 267
- Anti-skating (Bias) : by magnet
- Automatic Shut-off : none
- Power Supply : external plug-in power supply, 12 V DC/AC, 6 W min.
- Dimensions : 475 x 125 x 370 mm (W x H x D)
- Weight : 5.6 kg
- Finish : MDF plinth with laquer in red, black or white (high gloss)
- Scope of Delivery : power supply, dust cover (acrylic), RCA interconnects, stylus gauge, spirit level, cartridge alignment protractor