7.2-Channe,4K Ultra HD Pass-through and Upscaling: Yes (4K / 60p, 4:4:4),Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X™ support,80 W per channel (6 ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 0.09% THD, 2-ch driven)
- What Hi-Fi? August 20, 2018***
Yamaha RX-V585 Reviews at Whathifi
Bring the cinema experience home
7.2-channel AV receiver supports the latest network functions for an amazing AV experience.
- 7-channel powerful surround sound
- --- 80 W per channel (6 ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 0.09% THD, 2-ch driven)
- --- 115 W per channel (6 ohms, 1 kHz, 0.9% THD, 1-ch driven)
- --- 145 W per channel (6 ohms, 1 kHz, 10% THD, 1-ch driven)
- Ability to add wireless surround speaker/s* (*MusicCast 20 or MusicCast 50)
- Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X™ support
- Amazon Alexa voice control compatibility* (*Availability varies by region)
- YPAO™ sound optimisation
- Music streaming services built-in
- HDMI® (4 in / 1 out) with Dolby Vision™ and Hybrid Log-Gamma
Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X™
Experience the latest developments in cinema surround sound - with astonishing realism and unsurpassed performance - from the biggest names in sound technology.
A World of Entertainment
With MusicCast, access an impressive variety of entertainment sources and setup configurations at the touch of a button.
Intuitively Simple to Use
Simple and straightforward operation, whether using specially designed compatible apps, or in conjunction with Amazon Alexa voice control devices.
Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X™
Explore Every Dimension
Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X™
Compatibility with these amazing sound technologies transports you from an ordinary moment into an extraordinary experience. They deliver breathtakingly rich and realistic surround sound, positioning and moving individual sounds to any virtual point in your room, including objects moving overhead. Experience the overwhelming realistic movement and immersion in videos — right in your home theatre room.
Immerse Yourself in the Sound
CINEMA DSP 3D
This unique Yamaha proprietary sound field creation technology, was created by combining measured sound field data with digital signal processing. Yamaha collected sound field data from famous concert halls and music clubs around the world, utilising its wealth of experience in the fields of concert hall design, public address and mixing. By digitising that vast trove of information and incorporating it into dedicated LSI devices, it effectively reproduces the spaces of those concert halls on home equipment. Immerse yourself in the astounding realism of your movies, and enter a world of profound theatre sound.
Easy Sound Optimisation
YPAO (Yamaha Parametric room Acoustic Optimizer) analyses the room acoustics and your system, then precisely adjusts various audio parameters to provide the best sound for your room. Simply by placing the supplied microphone at your listening position and switching YPAO on, the system is automatically tuned for optimum performance in your home theatre room.
Yamaha AV receivers feature fully discrete power amplifiers to minimise distortion and adopt independent pure power supplies for the analogue and digital circuitry. They also feature ultra-high performance with 384 kHz / 32-bit DACs, also with Independent power supplies, for reproducing absolutely all the audio in High Resolution sound sources without noise. A new high sound quality IC is employed for volume control and large heat sinks suppress vibration. Down to every detail, these AV receivers are designed with full emphasis on the highest possible sound quality.
Intuitively Simple to Use
Alexa on MusicCast
Alexa, ask MusicCast to play Favourite 1 in the Kitchen.” With Alexa voice control integration, all you have to do is ask. The RX-A780 name offers full compatibility with Amazon’s range of voice control devices. Welcome to the smart home.
Availability of voice command control via Amazon Alexa varies by region.
Easy Operation, Detailed Settings
AV Controller App
This easy-to-use app lets you conveniently and ‘smartly’ control your AV receiver’s power, volume, input selections, DSP modes — and much, much more — from an iOS or Android™ device. You can also use as many as 23 different languages and customise the interface by hiding unused icons and renaming functions. A tablet version is also available.
Install with Ease
AV Setup Guide
No worries, no confusion. Use this special app and get expert assistance with cable connections between the AV receiver and source devices. It even guides you through various other settings such as speaker connections, TV and source device connections and power amplifier assignments.
Even Higher Quality Sound
This AV receiver features bi-amping capability, driving the treble and bass ranges of the front speakers (L, R) with independent amplifiers. In addition to providing greater power, it also prevents interference between the high and low sounds, further improving the sound of the front speakers.
Brilliant and Lively
The Compressed Music Enhancer from Yamaha is now optimised for Bluetooth audio transmissions to ensure that your music will have vivid, energetic sound quality during wireless playback.
High Definition, Comfortable Viewing
The latest graphical user interface from Yamaha has a high-resolution display with clear, easy-to-use menus and includes a selectable status bar that shows input source, volume level, DSP mode and audio format. The GUI provides a choice of eight languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Japanese and Chinese and can be displayed over both normal and 3D pictures.
Save Energy by 20%
When ECO Mode is turned on it can reduce power consumption by about 20 percent*, thanks to an advanced energy saving design. *Compared to power consumption when ECO mode is off (Yamaha measurement).
- Channel : 7.2
- Rated Output Power (1kHz, 1ch driven) : 115 W (6 ohms, 0.9% THD)
- Rated Output Power (20Hz-20kHz, 2ch driven) : 80 W (6 ohms, 0.09% THD)
- Maximum Effective Output Power (1kHz, 1ch driven) (JEITA) : 145 W (6 ohms, 10% THD)
- Dynamic Power per Channel (8/6/4/2 ohms)
Surround Sound Processing
- CINEMA DSP : Yes (3D)
- DSP Programs : 17
- Dialog Level Adjustment : YES
- Virtual Presence Speaker : YES
- Virtual Surround Back Speaker : YES
- Dialogue Lift : YES
- SILENT CINEMA / Virtual CINEMA DSP : Yes (Virtual CINEMA FRONT)
- Dolby Atmos : YES
- Dolby TrueHD : YES
- Dolby Digital Plus : YES
- Dolby Surround : YES
- DTS:X : YES
- DTS-HD Master Audio : YES
- File Format : MP3 / WMA / MPEG-4 AAC: up to 48 kHz / 16-bit, ALAC: up to 96 kHz / 24-bit, FLAC: up to 192 kHz / 24-bit, WAV / AIFF: up to 192 kHz / 32-bit, DSD: up to 11.2 MHz
- Compressed Music Enhancer : Yes (incl. enhancer for Bluetooth®)
- YPAO sound optimization : YES
- Adaptive DRC (Dynamic Range Control) : YES
- Initial Volume and Maximum Volume Setting : YES
- Bi-amp capability : YES
- Audio Delay : Yes (0-500 ms)
- DA Converter : Burr-Brown 384 kHz / 32-bit DAC x 4
- 4K Ultra HD Pass-through and upscaling : Yes (4K / 60p, 4:4:4)
- HDMI 3D passthrough : YES
- HDMI eARC : Yes (via future firmware update)
- HDMI Audio Return Channel : YES
- HDMI upscaling : Yes (HDMI® to HDMI)
- Deep Color/x.v.Color/24Hz Refresh Rate /Auto Lip-Sync : YES
- MusicCast Surround : YES
- HDMI Input/Output : 4 / 1 (HDCP2.2, HDR10 / Dolby Vision / HLG and BT.2020 compatible)
- HDMI CEC : YES
- USB Input : USB Memory, Portable Audio Player
- Network Port : YES
- Wi-Fi : Yes (2.4 / 5 GHz)
- AirPlay : YES
- Bluetooth : Yes (SBC / AAC)
- Front AV Input : USB / Mini Jack
- Digital Audio Input/Output : Optical : 1 / 0
- Digital Audio Input/Output : Coaxial : 2 / 0
- Analog Audio Input/Output : 5 (front 1) / 0
- Composite Video Input/Output : 3 / 1
- Preout : Subwoofer (2 x mono)
- Headphone Output : 1
- On-screen display : Yes (colour OSD)
- SCENE : SCENE (4 sets)
- App Control : Yes (iPhone / iPad / Android phone / tablet)
- Remote Control Unit : YES
- Standby Power Consumption (IR only) : =0.1W
- Auto Power Standby : YES
- ECO mode : YES
- Dimensions (W x H x D) : 435 x 161 x 327 mm (with antenna: 435 x 235.5 x 327 mm); 17-1/8” x 6-3/8” x 12-7/8” (with antenna: 17-1/8” x 9-2/8” x 12-7/8”)
- Weight : 8.1 kg; 17.9 lbs.