7.2 Channel, Dolby Atmos® & DTS-X, Rated Output Power(20Hz-20kHz, 2ch driven)-100 W (8 ohms, 0.06% THD),4KUltra HD Pass-through and upscaling (4K / 60p, 4:4:4)
A/V Receive with a 1 year warranty, made in Malaysia !!!!
FREE DELIVERY IN SINGAPORE !!!!
Bring studio-grade performance into the home
7.2-channel AVENTAGE model features enhanced sound quality, high power and exceptional functionality.
- 7-channel powerful surround sound
- 100 W per channel (8 ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 0.06% THD, 2-ch driven)
- 160 W per channel (4 ohms, 1 kHz, 0.9% THD, 1-ch driven)
- 160 W per channel (8 ohms, 1 kHz, 10% THD, 1-ch driven)
- Ability to add wireless surround speaker/s* (*MusicCast 20 or MusicCast 50)
- YPAO™-R.S.C. sound optimisation with multi-point measurement
- Amazon Alexa voice control compatibility* (*Availability varies by region)
- Anti Resonance Technology (A.R.T.) Wedge
- Aluminium front panel
- MusicCast multi-room technology
- Music streaming services built-in
- HDMI® (7 in / 2 out) with Dolby Vision™ and Hybrid Log-Gamma
- Phono input for vinyl playback
Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X™
Experience the latest developments in cinema surround sound - with astonishing realism and unsurpassed performance - from the biggest names in sound technology.
Your Hub of Home Entertainment
Want to connect a turntable for your vinyl collection? Add a second TV or projector for the ultimate movie night? Done. It's never been easier to expand your home entertainment setup.
Intuitively Simple to Use
Simple and straightforward operation, whether using specially designed compatible apps, intuitive on-board menu, or in conjunction with Amazon Alexa voice control devices.
Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X™
Explore Every Dimension
Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X™
Compatibility with these amazing sound technologies transports you from an ordinary moment into an extraordinary experience. They deliver breathtakingly rich and realistic surround sound, positioning and moving individual sounds to any virtual point in your room, including objects moving overhead. Experience the overwhelming realistic movement and immersion in videos — right in your home theatre room.
Immerse Yourself in the Sound
CINEMA DSP 3D
This unique Yamaha proprietary sound field creation technology, was created by combining measured sound field data with digital signal processing. Yamaha collected sound field data from famous concert halls and music clubs around the world, utilising its wealth of experience in the fields of concert hall design, public address and mixing. By digitising that vast trove of information and incorporating it into dedicated LSI devices, it effectively reproduces the spaces of those concert halls on home equipment. Immerse yourself in the astounding realism of your movies, and enter a world of profound theatre sound.
Ensuring Sound Quality
Anti Resonance Technology Wedge
The Anti Resonance Technology (A.R.T.) Wedge is a fifth foot in the centre of the unit. It dampens vibrations from the power transformer, power transistors and heat sinks, as well as vibrations that might be caused by the sound from the speakers — providing dynamic sound and focused, accurate reproduction.
Professional-grade Sound Optimisation
YPAO-R.S.C. Sound Optimisation with Multi-Point Measurement
YPAO-R.S.C. (Reflected Sound Control) analyses room acoustics and measures various speaker characteristics, then calibrates audio parameters to achieve optimum sound at any of eight listening positions. It employs Reflected Sound Control to correct early reflections for studio-quality sound. It also provides DSP Effect Normalisation, which varies the CINEMA DSP parameters according to the reflected sounds. It’s like having a professional installer calibrate your system, creating an ideal listening space with perfectly balanced sound — even over a wide area in larger rooms.
Yamaha AV receivers feature fully discrete power amplifiers to minimise distortion and adopt independent pure power supplies for the analogue and digital circuitry. They also feature ultra-high performance with 384 kHz / 32-bit DACs, also with Independent power supplies, for reproducing absolutely all the audio in High Resolution sound sources without noise. A new high sound quality IC is employed for volume control and large heat sinks suppress vibration. Down to every detail, these AV receivers are designed with full emphasis on the highest possible sound quality.
Your Hub of Home Entertainment
Free and Easy Placement
Wireless Surround Speakers
Combine this AV receiver with the MusicCast 50 or MusicCast 20 wireless streaming speaker and enjoy the amazing convenience of creating a home theatre with wireless rear speakers. What’s more, you get stunningly realistic sound with a clean, clutter-free setup. Easily turn your current living room into a special entertainment environment where you can fully enjoy movies and music.
MusicCast takes the headache out of multi-room audio. Simply connect all MusicCast devices to the same network and start sharing audio throughout the home. Take MusicCast for a test drive by downloading the free MusicCast app and using it demo mode.
A World of Music
Explore a world of music with music streaming services* built-in. Syncing your playlists and song likes from your smart phone or computer to the RX-A880, music streaming services make it impossibly easy to either listen to your faves or discover new music.
Easily Experience 9-channel Realism
Virtual Speaker Technology
With the power of CINEMA DSP 3D, the Virtual Presence Speaker function makes full use of centre and surround speakers to create audible information from where presence (height) speakers are normally installed. In addition, this model also features a Virtual Surround Back Speaker function. Even without using surround back speakers, you can experience more natural surround sound thanks to CINEMA DSP 3D playback — giving you the virtual equivalent of up to 9.1-channel surround, even with a 5.1-speaker configuration.
Dolby Atmos and DTS: X signals cannot be used with these virtual features.
Two HDMI Outputs
Since the RX-A880 has two HDMI output terminals, simultaneous connection to the TV and LCD projector is possible. Which means you can use your TV as usual but use the projector for your favourite movies and special programming — easily and without having to change any connections. The built-in HDMI functionality is of the latest specifications, corresponding also to HDR (Dolby Vision Compatible, Hybrid Log-Gamma), 4K / 60p passthrough & 4K upscaling, and so on.
The Joys of Vintage Vinyl
This AV receiver provides phono input terminals, letting you connect a turntable and enjoy music from your vinyl collection.
Enhanced Home Theatre Sound
You can add an external power amplifier (pre-main amplifier) to this AV receiver to improve and enhance the sound of your speakers. For example, using a power amplifier to drive the important front channel in home theatre gives you the added flexibility of building a system with an emphasis on sound quality
Intuitively Simple to Use
Alexa on MusicCast
Alexa, ask MusicCast to play Favourite 1 in the Kitchen.” With Alexa voice control integration, all you have to do is ask. The RX-A880 name offers full compatibility with Amazon’s range of voice control devices. Welcome to the smart home.
Availability of voice command control via Amazon Alexa varies by region.
Easy Operation, Detailed Settings
AV Controller App
This easy-to-use app lets you conveniently and ‘smartly’ control your AV receiver’s power, volume, input selections, DSP modes — and much, much more — from an iOS or Android™ device. You can also use as many as 23 different languages and customise the interface by hiding unused icons and renaming functions. A tablet version is also available.
Easy to Use and Multilingual
Advanced Graphical User Interface
The latest graphical user interface from Yamaha has a high-resolution display with clear, easy-to-use menus and includes a selectable status bar that shows input source, volume level, DSP mode and audio format. The GUI provides a choice of eight languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Japanese and Chinese and can be displayed over both normal and 3D pictures.
Enjoy in Two Rooms
Multi-zone Function (Zone2)
Featuring Zone2 compatible speaker terminals, this system can send the same (or even different) AV contents playing in the main room for playing in another room. For example, if you’ve got speakers installed in your bedroom or kitchen, you can go to that other room and enjoy listening to the same or different main room content.
Even Higher Quality Sound
This AV receiver features bi-amping capability, driving the treble and bass ranges of the front speakers (L, R) with independent amplifiers, making it possible to enjoy even higher quality sound from the front channels — an important consideration in home theatre setups.
Brilliant and Lively
The Compressed Music Enhancer from Yamaha is now optimised for Bluetooth audio transmissions to ensure that your music will have vivid, energetic sound quality during wireless playback.
Install with Ease
AV Setup Guide
This special app assists you with cable connections between the AV receiver and source devices. Additionally, it guides you through various settings such as speaker connections, TV and source device connections and power amplifier assignments.
Save Energy by 20%
When ECO Mode is turned on it can reduce power consumption by about 20 percent*, thanks to an advanced energy saving design. *Compared to power consumption when ECO mode is off (Yamaha measurement).
- Channel : 7.2
- Rated Output Power (1kHz, 1ch driven) : 160 W (4 ohms, 0.9% THD)
- Rated Output Power (20Hz-20kHz, 2ch driven) : 100 W (8 ohms, 0.06% THD)
- Maximum Effective Output Power (1kHz, 1ch driven) (JEITA) : 160 W (8 ohms, 10% THD)
- Dynamic Power per Channel (8/6/4/2 ohms) : 130 / 170 / 195 / 240 W
Surround Sound Processing
- CINEMA DSP : YES (3D)
- DSP Programs : 17
- Dialog Level Adjustment : YES
- Virtual Presence Speaker : YES
- Virtual Surround Back Speaker : YES
- Dialogue Lift : Yes (no presence speakers required)
- SILENT CINEMA / Virtual CINEMA DSP : Yes (Virtual CINEMA FRONT)
- Dolby Atmos : YES
- Dolby TrueHD : YES
- Dolby Digital Plus : YES
- Dolby Surround : YES
- DTS:X : YES
- DTS-HD Master Audio : YES
- File Format : MP3 / WMA / MPEG-4 AAC: up to 48 kHz / 16-bit, ALAC: up to 96 kHz / 24-bit, FLAC: up to 384 kHz / 24-bit, WAV / AIFF: up to 384 kHz / 32-bit, DSD: up to 11.2 MHz
- Pure Direct : Yes (with video on mode)
- Compressed Music Enhancer : Yes (incl. enhancer for Bluetooth®)
- YPAO multi-point measurement : Yes (R.S.C)
- YPAO Volume : YES
- Adaptive DRC (Dynamic Range Control) : YES
- Initial Volume & Maximum Volume Setting : YES
- A.R.T. Wedge : YES
- Bi-amp capability : YES
- Audio Delay : Yes (0-500 ms)
- DA Converter : Burr-Brown 384 kHz / 32-bit DAC x 4 for main zone
- 4K Ultra HD Pass-through and upscaling : Yes (4K / 60p, 4:4:4)
- HDMI 3D passthrough : YES
- HDMI eARC : Yes (via future firmware update)
- HDMI Audio Return Channel : YES
- HDMI upscaling : Yes (Analogue to HDM® / HDMI to HDMI)
- Deep Color/x.v.Color/24Hz Refresh Rate /Auto Lip-Sync : YES
- MusicCast Surround : YES
- HDMI Input/Output : 7 / 2 (HDCP2.2, HDR10 / Dolby Vision / HLG and BT.2020 compatible)
- HDMI CEC : Yes (SCENE, Device Control)
- USB Input : USB Memory, Portable Audio Player
- Network Port : YES
- Wi-Fi : Yes (2.4 / 5 GHz)
- AirPlay : YES
- Bluetooth : Yes (SBC / AAC)
- Front AV Input : USB / Mini Jack
- Digital Audio Input/Output: Optical : 2 / 0
- Digital Audio Input/Output: Coaxial : 2 / 0
- Analog Audio Input/Output : 5 (front 1) / 0
- Phono Input : YES
- Component Video Input/Output : 1 / 0
- Composite Video Input/Output : 1 / 0
- Preout : 7.2-ch
- Headphone Output : 1
- FM/AM Tuner : YES (FM only)
- On-screen display : Graphical User Inter face
- SCENE : SCENE (8 sets)
- App Control : Yes (iPhone / iPad / Android phone / tablet)
- Web Browser Control : YES
- Remote Control Unit : YES
- one 2 Audio Output : Line output
- Powered Zone : Zone 2
- Zone B Output : YES (HDMI)
- RS-232C Interface : YES
- +12V Trigger Output : 1
- Remote (IR) Input/Output : 1/1
- Party Mode : YES
- Standby Power Consumption (IR only) : ≤0.1W
- Auto Power Standby : YES
- ECO mode : YES
- Dimensions (W x H x D) : 435 x 171 x 382 mm (with antenna: 435 x 248 x 382 mm); 17-1/8” x 6-3/4” x 15” (with antenna: 17-1/8” x 9-3/4” x 15”)
- Weight : 11.0 kg; 24.3 lbs.